Sefrou Association for Multidisciplinary Arts, SAMA is a non-for-profit, independent arts and culture organization based in the heart of Sefrou, Morocco. Founded autonomously by a group of multidisciplinary members SAMAs mission is to co-create a cultural and arts movement in Sefrou’s old city, all the while engaging local, national and international communities.
Office Administrator, Internship
SAMA is excited to announce that we are currently seeking a reliable and highly responsible individual with superior written and verbal communication skills (English essential) to join our team for the summer of 2022.
This is a key position in our organization. The Office Administrator will work in a creative and expansive environment that encourages independence and professional practices. There are a range of duties and responsibilities, offering a unique and fulfilling position to the right candidate. An open mind to all cultural and art forms is an asset.
This is a 2-day a week position with the possibility of continuation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administration and management of SAMAs office (located in the Sefrou medina) including all aspects of day-to-day office operations, systems and activities.
- Supervision of communication systems.
- Translation of internal and external documents.
- Management and support for all aspects of organizing and facilitating guest visits and artist, including greeting and orientation of guests, and occasionally facilitation of meetings.
- Interpretation in formal meetings may also be required.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and excellent English and formal Arabic is essential.
- Strong computer skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Previous successful work experience with a team.
- Excellent time management skills, including ability to work both independently as well as a cohesive and friendly member of a team. Must be able to prioritize effectively, work well under pressure at times, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively independently as well as a part of a team are essential requirements for this position.
- Discretion, diplomacy, and cultural and political sensitivity.
Period of internship: The contract is for three months, July, August and September, 2022.
- Work with a motivated team in an inspiring environment.
Contribute to a project aiming at social, economic and environmental impact in the medina of Sefrou.
- Gain capacity development in cultural management and arts administration.
Work Schedule: 2 full working days per week for the first 3 months. A assessment and review will arranged after 3 months with the possibility of paid role and increase in hours.
Send an e mail of intention and an up-to-date C.V. to Jess Stephens at email@example.com